Sunday 22 August 2010

Rain

I used to love the rain and now I remember why.

I was sitting outside, it's 10:30pm and raining. Not heavily, not thunder, just the gentle pitter patter of light rain on the roof. Sitting outside reading, inhaling the gentle and comforting smell of lavender. Now that's something that takes me back to a calm time, a happy time. The thing about the rain is that it is such a powerful thing, heavy rain can destroy cities, destroy lives but yet it can put out a blazing fires. Rain gives life just as easily as it takes it away. It feeds plants, provides water and yet in an instant can take it all away.

I don't understand why rain is so disliked, to me it's almost hypnotic, the gentle pitter patter of rain drops like a lullaby whilst leaving drops of crystal on everything it touches; but yet the torrential downpour whilst you are inside, cozy and happy can make it feel like you are in a fortress.

I love rain.

sparkles
and it brings out these little cuties :)

No comments:

Post a Comment