Saturday 6 November 2010

Disillusioned

I am so frustrated, my first placement is doing nothing to help me, or at least that's how it feels. I have no mentoring and my mentor flat out said that he thought it was a waste of time and pointless. I have to actually write about mentoring sessions as that is one of Tanya's requirements, essentially I am just going to have to make it up. It's so frustrating and it's really getting me down, I haven't even considered teaching yet, let alone 10 hours of it, I have no idea how I'm going to get 6 formal observations done in time, I'm terrified that I'm going to have to repeat or something.  Then, as a result of all of this, Mat and I get into an argument, or rather, I misdirect my frustrations and anger and turn into a bitch. Great. He's still sleeping and I imagine he's quite rightly angry at me. Happy goddamn Saturday.


When I spoke to my mentor about my concerns he said that he didn't have time to do that kind of mentoring and that that's just life but he did say that I have only had 2 weeks in the school so of course I haven't started teaching yet.  I hope I'll end up teaching bits next week.  Tanya is coming to observe me on the 7th December, one day after my birthday, joy. I need to have had some decent experience by that point.

On the plus side, it was INSET day yesterday so I covered about 15 QTS standards in one hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment