Sunday 19 September 2010

First week down :)

My first week at Portsmouth Uni has gone well, I've made some friends and learned a lot already. We're all exhausted and our heads are spinning with all this new information we're trying to take in and retain.  This course has been pretty intensive already, I was looking at the statistics, 16.5% of MFL PGCE students drop out, that's a pretty large statistic considering there are only 26 of us on the MFL PGCE course. We haven't been told where our placement schools are yet but hopefully we'll know by the end of the week, then we can start ascertaining whether or not Mat and I are going to have to get a second car. I really hope not given that I'm unemployed whilst doing this course and financially this will be impossible. We'll see.


We also have details of our first assignment, lo and behold the library was essentially empty of books 2 hours later, it's due October 29th, I don't think I've actually bothered thinking about an assignment this early, let alone plan for it. Organisation is going to be key.

All in all, I'm really enjoying the course thus far and am looking forward to getting out of the theoretical side and into the practical soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment